Child´s play in the City
Reykjavík is a wonderful city full of entertainment for the whole family.
Other fun activities for the whole family
- 18 thermal pools in the Reykjavík Capital Area.
- Tjörnin Lake.
- Check out the scary Vikings at Saga Museum
- Go whale watching from the old harbor or take a trip on the Puffin Express.
- Enjoy the beautiful view from the church tower in Hallgrímskirkja.
- Visit the geothermal beach in Nauthólsvík.
- Play in one of Reykjavík´s open playgrounds.
- Visit Whales of Iceland to learn about the giants of the sea.
- Go ice skating all year round at the indoor skating rink in Laugardalur.
Packing for Iceland
Locals are often asked what the weather is like in Iceland. The answer is that we have every type of weather – usually within the same 24 hours. This can make packing tricky as you never know if you are going to experience rain, wind, sun or frost. On the plus side, you do not have to worry about the cold indoors as Icelandic buildings are always well heated.
What you need to pack for an Icelandic summer
- Hats, scarfs and gloves for the whole family.
- Wind- and waterproof jackets and trousers.
- Warm sweaters, a pair of shorts, a T-shirt and a swimsuit.
What you need to pack for an Icelandic winter
- Hats, scarfs and gloves for the whole family. Preferably two sets for each family member
- Waterproof winter boots
- Long underpants and a long sleeve shirt
- Warm sweater
- Rain overalls
- Winter outerwear that keeps you warm during freezing weather
- A warm sleeping bag and rain cover for the stroller