Guðsteinn Eyjólfsson built his three-storey building in 1929. It was designed by architect Þorleifur Eyjólfsson and included a space for his gentlemen shop as well as living space for his family. The rooms in the loft were rented out to individuals and part of the floor wound up being briefly occupied by the British army during the second world war.
The second floor was also rented out and through the years became home to a ballet school and later a German-Jewish family escaping the horror of the Nazi regime.
The shop is still located in the same space.
Dr. Hinrik Thorarensen built Laugavegur 34A in 1929. The building had two shopping spaces on the ground floor and an apartment on the second floor. Hinrik lived on the second floor periodically until he moved to an old age home. Later that floor was converted into storage space for the dress shop on the ground floor.
Tískuskemman dress shop was opened in 1953 and stayed open until the 80s. It was one of the most popular dress shops in Reykjavík due to the high quality of their products. When Tískuskemman closed its doors, the property briefly became a gourmet meat shop and eventually a pub.
Stefán Sandholt and Guðmundur Ólafsson built the three-storey building to include a bakery on the ground floor and apartments on the second and third floor. The two bakers and their families lived in the apartments and ran G. Ólafsson & Sandholt bakery on the ground floor.
Stefán bought Guðmundur´s share when the latter passed away in 1949. Once Stefán had become sole owner of the bakery he changed its name to Sandholt. His son Ásgeir later joined the family business and eventually his son, Stefán Jr., began working there as well. Stefán Sandholt´s descendants still run the bakery today.